Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
– Leo Buscaglia
Elderly having surgery in their old age can be a daunting experience for some of them; many require a lot of concentrated and focused attention and care to ensure their physical and mental well-being. Every endeavour and step should be taken to make it a smooth and least painful experience and a calm and stress-free transition from surgery to normalcy. Post-surgery time and care are of utmost significance to ensure a smoother recovery and make the recovery experience more pleasant than misery. The solution for the elderly parents’ recovery from surgery is a combination of more aspects.
Post-surgery, when the elderly patient is discharged from the hospital, he or she needs a homely atmosphere with attention and constant checking as follow-up for any problem after the surgery. The required food and medicine need to be taken on time.
To mention a few actionable tasks that can be taken to take care of the elderly who are recovering from surgery are
- Competent and hospitable care provider staff.
After the surgery, acute care by hospitable elderly home staff can make a difference. The team at the elderly home are trained and experienced.
- Reduce travel distance and travel time between the hospital and home.
An elderly home in a city with nearby hospitals can be helpful. The elderly can spend more time relaxing than spending extensive valuable recovery time travelling between the hospital and home.
- The elderly home should have all the caretaking provisions, including physiotherapy. These in-house features are necessary as it saves time for travel to any specialized clinic or hospital.
- Visiting doctors at the elderly home, a physiotherapy room, medical emergency on-call, etc., all provide care for the post-surgery critical period. Observation post the surgery is essential. The doctors are called quickly in case of urgency.
- A homely ambience in the surroundings of like-minded older adults can provide emotional support.
- Eating the right food and staying hydrated also plays a vital role in quicker recovery Post surgery rehab care seniors.
It is important to note that the recovery for the elderly post-surgery can take longer and may need more attention and care, especially for high-risk elderly patients. A home environment like the Artha Assisted Living care for the elderly provides a conducive ambience and care for the elderly who recently have undergone surgery. The concerned doctors can visit the premises. Specialised doctors are also on the elderly home panel who visit the premises in routine from time to time or as per the need of the elderly patient.
To learn more about the special care for the elderly, especially those who have recently undergone surgery, you may visit the elderly home premises, or to find out more, you can call Artha Assisted living directly at +91 9910779703.